Monday, May 21, 2018

Ebooks Are Not 'Stupid' – They're A Revolution

‘The way e-readers have increased accessibility to books is not an enhancement, it’s a godsend,’ says Erin Kelly Photograph: Amazon

The Guardian: Ebooks are not 'stupid' – they're a revolution

The head of publisher Hachette has claimed ebooks are a failure – but as an author and a reader, they’ve completely changed my life

I was a relatively late convert to the e-reader, getting my Kindle five years ago when it became clear that reading 600-pages of A Suitable Boy while breastfeeding wasn’t going to work. After a frenzied few months of almost exclusive e-reading, I returned largely to the traditional printed book for a number of reasons: screen fatigue, a tendency to scrawl in margins, because I want my kids to see me reading, and because I’m a passionate supporter of bookshops and booksellers. Hachette Livre CEO Arnaud Nourry recently called ebooks “stupid” – but last summer, they changed my life.

Read more ....

Bookyards Editor: I agree .... because I know ebooks have completely changed my life.

No comments: